This year, E.Y.E.S. Edison is planting a fruit orchard at Edison High School in the courtyard next to the language wing. The planting will all be done in one day and we will need 50 to 100 volunteers to help out. The planting event will take place on Saturday, April 19th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and we invite you to participate. All volunteers under 18 are eligible to get volunteer hours from the school. You can also bring parents and friends from other schools to help out! Please scroll down to the bottom of this page for details and ff you ever have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or the orchard team at email@example.com. After filling out this form, please expect an email with details about the event.
Here are some things to remember about the event:
- Please bring you own lunch and gardening or work gloves. We can provide gloves but we have only a few so please bring your own if possible. We will be providing refreshments and club members may be selling snacks.
- If you can bring any equipment (like shovels, pick-axes, and wheelbarrows), that would be extremely helpful. We will have many people working and have to dig 15 holes so the more tools the better. You will receive extra community service hour(s) for lending us any of the items mentioned above.
- You WILL receive volunteer hours for this event; however, it is your responsibility to sign in and sign out of the event at the main desk in the courtyard.
- On Saturday, April 19th, please arrive at Edison High School at 10:00 am in the courtyard by the school's Greenhouse. We recommend going through the language wing to get to the courtyard so please use the entrance by the bus pavilion. We will leave a sign there and have the door opened. The event will end at approximately 2:00pm.
- The event is scheduled for rain or shine. Currently, the weather forecast is positive with only a 10% chance of drizzle all day. Even if it is drizzling, we recommend you come anyway, since we can stay inside the school until any rain stops.